Sunday, July 5, 2009

A stitch in time...

I have been turning my mind and my hand to some practical creations rather than purely artistic creations this week. I am pulling together a suite or portfolio of handmade and hand stitched journals which I am looking at selling as an ongoing line. I have also stitched a journal as a farewell gift for a friend/colleague who is taking up a job down the coast. I have worked every second page in the books shown below, each slightly differently. I used water colour pencils on heavy printmaking paper to make a running line at the bottom of the page in one; and did my own "scribbly bark" impersonation along the bottom of the other book's page. They are each stitched with waxed linen thread. Let me know what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.