Sunday, September 13, 2009

Timber for the Path 2

Onwards, ever onwards. Just when you think you know what you are doing, you try it and it doesn't work and you have to start again. I had decided to use the pewter-toned 'Treasure Leaf' product as it survived the weather the best and showed up well against the timber.

It was horrible to work with though - clogged nibs, never ran, only glugged as it came out and I had no control over any fine serifs. In the end there was no way I was going to be able to write the piece out without screaming out loud.

So Plan B - back to ink, which was made to come out of pen nibs! Oh it flowed so beautifully in comparison. I then decided to highlight it with the pewter to give it a lift and bring the text forward. I think it worked out OK.

1 comment:

  1. H×2Y×2 felt like they had heard you screaming!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.