Monday, September 28, 2009

White on white

I must admit simplicity is a favourite theme of mine and I love working white on white. There is something exquisite to my eye about how the shadows play and the light gives form and shape to things that are otherwise hidden.

I sent three pieces for the exhibition to be framed this week. I am getting box-frames built that can accommodate the height of the concertina folds. One piece is dream, one is shine and one is peace, so two verbs and a noun. The words are pinpricked, embossed and cut out of Fabriano paper, and stitched to matt board. They measure 40cm x 40cm before framing.

Here are some of the lovely lines, angles and shadows that they form.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.