Sunday, October 4, 2009

Rainbow Peace

I have been getting a few more pieces ready for the exhibition - some come more easily than others. Some come from nowhere, and some that you think are bound to be gorgeous end up on the scrap heap. I am not particularly good at predicting what will work.

I dreamed up this idea accidentally a few weeks ago and this week sent the final 3 pieces off to the framers. In keeping with my rainbow theme, I wrote "peace" in versals, each row a different colour (red,orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, purple), then added skeleton Roman capitals in the different colours a half line apart so they overlapped.

One is in coloured pencil, one is in watercolour pencil and one is in watercolours themselves. I think I forgot to photograph the coloured pencil final, so have included the draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.