Thursday, November 5, 2009

Floral happiness

I am often bemused and befuddled by art. What sells? What is valuable? What is it worth? I pondered over and over about whether or not I should exhibit my whimsical copper flower and words pieces. They made me smile as they hung on my studio wall; but I wasn't really sure if anybody else would 'get' them.

In the end I took them both in - reminding myself that this was an exhibition about who I was and what I did and these were well and truly 'me'.





They both sold before the exhibition was fully hung. Since opening I have taken orders for 4 more. So I guess the answer is yes, other people do enjoy their whimsy and they make other people smile too!

BTW - the online exhibition is now available for viewing here.

1 comment:

  1. Fiona - they do look quite delicate but such gentle messages.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.