Monday, February 1, 2010

Rainbow collection

Well the long, dry, hot spell has been well and truly broken. We had 150mm (6 inches) of rain yesterday and it keeps coming in torrents as we get the edge of former cyclone Olga.

The valley is filled with mist and wisps of cloud and when the sun shines again we might get rainbows.  Here is one of my favourite rainbow elements- a stack of books.  I hunt around secondhand shops and monster book sales not looking at the title or the author, just collecting the books with the coloured hard covers.


I have learnt that blue is common and orange and purple very hard to find.  I keep adding to the stack and hope that in a year or so it will reach the ceiling.  I'm in no hurry but I do love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.