Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Letter a Week (ALaW) 22

I had fun with this V. First of all I tried the burning-holes-with-incense-sticks on heavy paper and got absolutely nowhere. No holes, but a few scorch marks. Then I chose cloth, thinking a nice piece of rusted cotton with holes in it would look great - but the tiniest of holes just kept on growing until the fabric was smouldering and I had to hop outside and dance on it to make it go away!  Next experiment was with black rice type paper and I was sure it would burn, but not convinced it wouldn't take off as well - but it didn't.

Don't you love the little brown bits around the edge and the individual nature of each and every hole? Yum!

More learning captured! I also took a photo of me practising it this time as well.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous results, F, and I had a good laugh at the image of you doing the fire dance
    N xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.