Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Letter a Week - blocked!

I was pretty happy with the way I managed to stay on top of my experimental letter a week for the first alphabet.  I thought about it each week, made time for it and really enjoyed playing with the letters. My problem with the second alphabet is, I have been dithering about what to do - maybe this, maybe that, what about this? what about that? Honestly, I can't recall ever being so indecisive about something so simple really.

I tried using my made up alphabet list of collective nouns for colours (I can explain if necessary...) and even went thru all my coloured pencils to match them to the colours (and bought a special silver one)  but it didn't seem right.  I have in the back of my mind that I want the finished piece to be an exemplar book of my personal calligraphic "heartbeat" hand, so I used that. I then tried to write in ink on rusted paper - but it looked too boring. Oh me, oh my...I was going nowhere fast.

And then...I think I found it! I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think I might have something to show later in the week. And boy will I be pleased if I've cracked it this time!

Anyhow here's the evidence that whilst I haven't actually produced anything yet, I have been exploring and discarding options if that counts in any way.

1 comment:

  1. Good girl - glad you haven't been sitting around twiddling your fingers!
    N xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.