Friday, December 2, 2011

COMA exhibition - 12 days of Christmas

We delivered our works and our words to Ken this week and helped hang the exhibition at Maple 3 cafe here in Maleny on Monday.  Tomorrow we all head into town for a cuppa and a bit of a catch-up chin wag really. It runs from 28 November to 28 December and all pieces are priced at $120.

In the end I went for a most minimalist piece. Gosh, I could hear the noise of you all falling off your chairs from here! Laugh!

I had played around with different arrangements for the rings, but they all felt uncomfortable and I just couldn't get the balance and the feel of them right. I finally asked myself what they would look like in a line - and I felt better immediately.

So I have painted the canvas a lovely dove grey colour (the photographs do not do it justice) and then attached the rings. I ran 5 lines of a crimpled metal thread around the canvas as well to give a bit of a change in direction for the piece.

Its certainly not all that Christmassy; but I figured its pretty much me.




PS - Two more days for the give-away!

7 comments:

  1. when in doubt go for a formal layout..... lots of luck with the show Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Less is more Fiona - much much more. Stunning in its execution. Hope it shines out in the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice Ronnie - it worked for me this time - everything else seemed contrived and out of balance.

    Ahh Lesley - thank you- as ever for me, the less is more thing. I mentioned to another Leslie last night that I came across this quote on tumblr - if less is more then nothing is everything...which I kind of agree with in a way! I sometimes think I will reduce my work to nothing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heaven forbid you should produce nothing! Your work so appeals to me that I have awarded you the "Liebster" blog award. getails can be found on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an exquisite piece! Less truly is more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too Trace!

    Funny one Jo - I have a feeling that's what could happen if I keep taking things away and subtracting!

    Thanks Jennifer - I do like less!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.