Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sometimes I miss the mountains

I have just had a great weekend away in Melbourne, just me and my bestie Sue, wandering, talking, chatting, eating, drifting, dreaming.

But nonetheless it is grand to be home.

I love returning and gazing out over the valley - renewing my relationship with the mountains, observing what they are showing today. Tonight the stars were full and bright above us, and the city lights glowed on the horizon, silhouetting Mt Beerwah.

A week or so ago the mountains were magical and beautiful... draped in soft mist puddles.






It's a special place and every day I recognise how fortunate I am to have these ever present companions.

13 comments:

  1. So very beautiful, mystical and meditative. Lucky thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona, I just spent the weekend with friends at Montville, admiring the morning mist over Lake Baroon, the majestic mountains and the beautiful show of stars in the clear skies. You are certainly blessed to live in such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it really is just awe inspiring -
    there must be such a wonderful energy there. many thanks to you and barry for being so generous in showing us your world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With views like that, I'm not sure I'd ever leave the mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful photographs - truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Jennifer, I would have a hard time deciding to leave the house. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to smile when seeing this post as the view was exactly like this as we left for our trip on Monday morning and I had that thought - floating mountains. Just glorious. Was lovely at home too - we just don't have those magnificent 'plugs'. Two days into our trip - really just covering ground till we hit Innaminka! All good fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah my - what a view. How glorious to live there and to see it every morning as you wake up.... and I love those envelope pouches - such gorgeous texture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. More than lucky Fiona. With views like that I think you are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those mountains are constantly changing...and you have a great view of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear all - life is managing to keep me from being a decent blogging and interweb person so I apologise. Thank you all for sharing my wonder at the beauty these mountains offer, and the gift of gorgeousness and interest and delight...
    It does make it hard to leave the mountain and encourages the hermit in me for sure! Thanks and go well, F

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.