Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thursday Thoughts...

“It doesn’t matter. I have books, new books, and I can bear anything as long as there are books.” 

Jo Walton 

Quotes like this just make my day!  I love the sense of an overflowing abundance of books, of books around me, beside me and within my reach. Sigh. My idea of paradise really.

I am struggling a bit with reading for my group book at the moment. We meet every 4 weeks and sometimes when my life is extra busy as it is right now, I don't get enough time to read; which means I am only getting to read my book group books because I feel an obligation to have read them before meeting to talk about them, rather than spending time with my own passions and indulgences.

But I am heading off for a few days and have happily dumped any thoughts of responsibility and am just packing books I want to read, for me.

And all seems well with the world.

Books do offer me much solace and comfort and I do believe I can almost face anything if there are books about. Which is quite a remarkably powerful and strong notion really isn't it?

To really believe that books will support you thru anything is quite amazing.

I bought these buttons at my favourite bookshop - Rosetta Books in Maleny - yesterday.  They make me smile and express so many things I feel about books and reading. Enjoy!










4 comments:

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.