Sunday, October 26, 2014

Quick pics from NZ

This will be the quickest touch base with a few  photos of books and things from our bustling weekend at the Conference here in Auckland.

My mind remains boggled with the amount of information, the skill and the talent that I have observed during our time here. So much to process and consider, so more on that later.

Instead some iPhoto images of things we have seen along the way so far..

This fabulous book-spine piano wall art is in the building we have been in at the Uni - tickled my fancy.


       

There was no information about the maker though...


On Friday night we went to an exhibition opening, books from the Janus Press in the US with work by Claire van Vliet and some by Elizabeth Steiner as well.

This one, ABC of Bugs and Plants in a Northern Garden Season (2012) uses one of Elizabeth's binding structures, called Gioia.





And as we walked back from the gallery, this beautiful book caught my eye in another gallery window...


We have spent most of each day inside absorbing information and sharing information. My talk went well and we had lots of chats with folk about our work. Sadly that's all for now - this boggled mind needs to rest...

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great event to be at, look forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such treasures you & Susan have seen! It must be wonderful to be immersed in books - and talk & thought of them - for days on end. Congratulations on your presentation - wish we in Blogland could see it (but I hope we get to hear details)! Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such an indulgence to soak in books Lisa - just fabulous. And yes, I am reworking the presentation to go online so you can see it sometime soon - stay tuned!

      Delete
  3. A most tantalising glimpse do what you saw. I love that piano!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great Charlton (Margaret)? It caught my eye and made me smile!

      Delete
  4. The ABC of bugs looks just perfect for ALAW!
    Glad to hear you have been getting drunk on all the bookishness on offer.
    Hope the hangover is not too great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such perfect ALAW project - never thought of bugs! And yes, it is almost like we over-indulged, coming down to earth and working out what is what and what is for us in interesting...go well.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Such a magic moment Mo - out of the corner of my eye, I just loved it!

      Delete
  6. Sounds exciting and I know we will see more when you've distilled the details. What a beautiful abcedary. Love that black and white dragonfly image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weren't the dragonfly images superb Lesley? I am slowly making sense of it all and what I can use and what I just have to admire...

      Delete
  7. Looks like lots to see and process. Love the piano installation too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loads to process Kim but it is slowly making sense! I loved that piano - so simple yet so wonderful...

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.