Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sketchbook

I think I have come to the view that if I have a year to do something, I will either do it straight up, or leave it until right at the end.

Guess which one I'm writing about today?

Yep - the last minute all stops effort to get my book for the Sketchbook Project done in time!

Around this time last year, Barry and I visited the Brooklyn Art Library to visit the Sketchbooks there, and 'borrowed' two of Jennifer's to have a look at and to hold. Always amazing to view and to hold something which you have only ever seen on-line.

We were fired up and enthused of course and committed to doing our own for this year and I can't speak for Barry, but I promptly put it on the list that could be put off until I really had to do it. And so it turned out to be.

On top of this sense of last-minutedness, I executed my plan very poorly and found I had ruined a couple of pages and couldn't actually do this wonderful fold out looooooonnnnngggg ladder that I thought I would do in line with the theme 'ladders'.

Instead I made many ladders, because sometimes you need more than one ladder to get you out of the pickle you are in...

Enjoy!








6 comments:

  1. Love this idea nd the way the ladders are falling or climbing out of the book, reaching just as ladders should ... Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlton - it felt right given how 'trapped' I felt by my blunders...and in the end I really like the way they give a sense of escaping! Go well.

      Delete
  2. Love it!!! I have to visit the Brooklyn Art Library after your and Barry's sketchbooks are received and logged. Please let me know when they are ready to be checked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you've got another excuse to go now! We have sent our books and hope they arrive by the end of the month - will give you a yell when we know they've landed!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful! Wish i could see it in person...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharmon - one of the wonderful things about this project is that they do travel - so its vaguely possible that it may end up at a stop near you one day...

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.