Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Fed Up

One of the pieces of work I have been doing of late is this lovely cut letter work.

The back story is that the five pieces are to be given to five people who hosted fundraising dinners for a family violence service.

I love the play on words - yes, we are fed up with the ongoing strife of family violence.

As I mentioned, five similar but slightly different pieces. Unique and individual, yet a part of something bigger.

Squares, circles, upside down triangles, diamonds, triangles.












They are each suspended in their own Perspex box and can be hung on the wall or sat on a desk. Impossible to photograph of course, but I delivered them over the weekend and folk are happy!




8 comments:

  1. These look good, Fiona.Trying photograph anything through perspex (especially when verboten!) is a headache.But today I did manage to get some pics of the Libris Awards exhibition and they will be on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done you Dinah re the Libris - sneaky but good! Perspex is a nightmare, and I often forget to photograph before popping the work inside! Luckily these can be lifted out.

      Delete
  2. Amazing how the little cut out shapes give a different character to the words...or at least in the close up photos.
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sandy - I really wanted them to be individual yet clearly connected. By laying them out ever so slightly differently as well they feel like siblings in a family - unique but united.

      Delete
  3. So very beautiful, Fiona! A really meaningful project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol - I hope the recipients enjoy them as much as I did.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.