Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Sky beauty

We have been down south for a couple of days - much colder down there than up here - but always good to catch up with friends and work colleagues and explore new possibilities.

It never matters how far I've gone or the wonders and beauty I have seen; I always love returning home.

Our place has had some magical skies in the past few weeks - dawns and dusks in particular.

Here's a selection of the magic on our mountain...

Dawn one day...


Dusk another - smoke in the valley this time.



And then last week - this remarkably skittish sky as I walked back to the house from the studio.



As the sun set I went outside and saw this happen...

I looked to the east...




And then I turned on the spot and looked to the west...


And then I gave myself over to broad panoramas...



 And finished with fire in the sky...



3 comments:

  1. Stunning skies! I agree, there's no place like home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skies were stunning Meg and I do agree - despite the beauty and wonders that exist elsewhere; home is an ever so special place to be. Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.