Thursday, June 22, 2017

Thursday Thoughts...

“The greatest gift that you can give yourself is a little bit of your own attention". 

Anthony J. D’Angelo

In its own small way it is a fascinating taksk each week to go looking for a quote to use around art, books or life. Many of the quotes have sat there for ages, sometimes years, before they go "my turn".  This is one of those patient quotes whose time has come.

At different points in time I am better, or worse at doing the small things that care for, nurture or support me.  Sometimes I carve out time to do the things I want to do; at others every spare moment seems subsumed by activities other than things that could in any way be defined as "me-time".

The lesson keeps needing to be learnt; to take some small bits of time for yourself; to not just give it all away. In doing so you can empty that well pretty darn fast, and it can take a long time to re-fill.

Be kind to yourself, look after yourself, and do a little thing, or two, that makes you smile.


Thursday had become sewing day, the three hours I nabbed for myself to just enjoy and do something for myself. For lots of reasons including travel, illness, deaths and memorials I haven't been able to go for quite a few weeks; and won't be able to for the next wee while either, and my how I miss it.


6 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, thanks for the reminder, I must make a day for sewing too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for my lateness Cat - a sign of my times it seems. But yes, a day for sewing will be just the thing! Go well.

      Delete
  2. in my world, post retirement, it goes from one extreme to the other. glad you found the hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right Velma - somedays it feel as if I need three lifetimes to do it all; others have lazy hours in them for me to enjoy...go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.