Thursday, July 20, 2017

Thursday Thoughts...

"Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words". 

 Robert Frost

Today's thoughts are about books and I think that poetry can connect to books quite well - plus I am still enjoying the experience of Poetry on the Precinct and poetry is filling me up a little bit these days.

I think that this description of poetry, the idea of emotions linking to thoughts and to words, captures the essence of poetry so well. Poetry can evoke emotion, yet it is a thoughtful and considered process; where every word has a purpose, every position is delicately calibrated, the rhythms and the placement are everything.

I think poetry is perfect for dipping into and for reading something that speaks precisely to you, at that time and in that place.

My emotions found their home in some words, and then my thoughts found some words...




6 comments:

  1. I have always appreciated poems that contain metaphor within straightforward descriptions of quotidian experience ... small wonder then that Robert Frost and Billy Collins are among my favorite poets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think poetry is so under appreciated Liz - I shall attempt to discover Mr Collins now thank you!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is a lovley little gathering of thoughts and words isn't it Mo...go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.