Sunday, August 20, 2017

Preparations...

This week is a bit of a week for finishing a few things.

On Wednesday I will be teaching artists' books to the Year 11s at Grammar again.  The focus will once again be on telling a story and not simply stitching a book that you paste things into like a scrapbook.

For simplicity's sake we aren't going to do a whole lot of complicated layouts; instead we are going to use  single pages, and bind them with Japanese stab bindings.

So I did all  my preparations and packed my bags; and also made a few sample books.

But first of all I came across rainbow on Barry's keyboard!


Getting ready, choosing colours and making templates


The first few sample books. I thought that the purple one looked a bit weird.


And realised that I made a mistake, leaving out a few stitches, so I re-did it.


The final four samples - we will see which ones they choose to do.


And the paperwork for Sydney got down to tin tacks this week - printing off the documentation, printing off the envelopes, signing the documentation...



Books of stickers arrived!


New business cards arrived!


Mylar bags and acid-free card arrived, as well as photo corners, so prints were packed.


And envelopes and cards inserted.


 And then everything packed in bubble wrap, and put into boxes for transport.


The boxes for the books should arrive tomorrow so then I can be fully packed to deliver to the transport folk on Wednesday. Phew.

2 comments:

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.