Sunday, December 10, 2017

More small moments

I wrote last week about having small tasks set aside in my mind, for those small moments one can grab in between all the business of life.

These little pieces were another set of ideas I had been carrying wth me for a bit - they appear on numerous lists; but up until now had never actually happened.

I wanted to try a few different approaches and checked online for image and ideas, and then sat down and started to do some whimsical watercolour flower sketches...



I had a lot of fun, and the time flew.


I have some flower quotes I would like like to letterpress onto cards, so was trying to develop some imagery to accompany the words.  These have offered me a good jumping of point to try and develop some designs I think.

I was also trying to work out, if I made cards should I do each watercolour by hand, or should I create a plate of some sort which I could print and then hand colour?

So many thoughts to ponder... but the time spent playing was so good for my soul.


I also wanted to print another quote and chose the image of the dandelion to try and create support for the words.


And to other small moments in the studio and life.  Barry's work is selling well at Maleny Additions at the moment (and at Entangle in Dayboro!) and he needed a new supply of swing tags to accompany the pieces he will deliver to the shop in the morning.


And in another small moment, I attached the Christmas ornaments to the Christmas tree. Late afternoon sunlight catching the words...


Life is full of small moments. Small, precious, moments.

12 comments:

  1. The painted flowers have a Quentin Blake feel about them, a lightness of touch, and I really like the embossed text with the dandelion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huge undeserved compliment Jac - just had to google Sir Quentin...amazing stuff. Mine are far less interesting, but the whimsy is there!

      Delete
  2. i love your ink and watercolor flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks V - I was happy with them and the play was fab!

      Delete
  3. I love the hand drawn flowers and watercolour finishing. It would be quick to cut printing blocks from softcut or something similar but I love the quality of the hand drawn line and wonder if you can replicate that individuality with printing? The embossed text with the hand drawn image is gorgeous and very 'you'. Classic and chic at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lesley - sage advice re the replication of a hand drawn line in print. They are hardly hugely time consuming so I am thinking I will stick with hand drawn for now...

      Delete
  4. (((Fiona))) such gentle beauty in your flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quiet and whimsical aren't they Mo? And a little bit of freshness...

      Delete
  5. Whatever method will enable as many copies as possible while maintaining your standard of excellence would be my vote ... these are delightful and I do hope you will share how to purchase some when all is said and done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of confidence Liz! When I get my designs worked out I will let you know for sure!

      Delete
  6. your flowers sing with glory! love them. but love more the final words, about life being full of small, precious moments. thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Dee - it's always the small and precious moments isn't it? That's where the pure magic lies I think. Go well!

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.