Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Books on the way to the US

I decided that after having pretty much a single focus last year - making work for the Sydney Contemporary - that I would not commit to any one big thing this year; yet I would try to get my work out and about in other ways.

So I responded immediately when I saw that Alicia Bailey, Director of Abecedarian Gallery in Denver Colorado had put out a call for submissions for an exhibition called The Printed Page III.

The exhibition is really a series of satellite exhibitions throughout Denver from February - May 2018. I hint there are about 8 venues and the focus is on books that utilise the more hand-on forms of printmaking as a primary element.  I think the show will look gorgeous.

There will be an online catalogue, and I'll send out a little reminder as the show gets closer.

I submitted two books and was thrilled last week to learn that they had both been accepted.

We are headed away a bit in the next little while so I managed to get the books packed and posted off today which was a huge relief!

Successful was: Lost for Words a letterpress book where the word words disappears...





Also successful was What? Why? What? What? one of my books about family violence.






These are both books I like and am proud of, and its so very nice to have them acknowledged in this way, by being juried into an overseas exhibition.

Safe travels! 

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations Fiona. Beautifully done ✅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks G! I could have asked to pop them in your luggage ;-)

      Delete
  2. What an amazing gallery ... your pieces will be very much at home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a stunning space Liz and I think the show will be gorgeous. Very happy!

      Delete
  3. (((Fiona))) well done, look forward to seeing the catalogue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am very glad your work will go to a wider audience. When you know more about the dates, I would like to mention it on a textile art list I am on. They have quite a few members in Colorado, who would probably be very interested in the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy for spreading word. I shall check just where and when and post on my blog...

      Delete
  5. These works are stunning ! So pleased to have made your acquaintance here on Waiheke Island. Congratulations. I'm following your blog. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabriella! So lovely to meet you and see your special space for making and creating The day here today is so reminiscent of your painting - the soft grey mizzle and mist...go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.