Thursday, February 15, 2018

Thursday Thoughts...

“Through loyalty to the past, our mind refuses to realize that tomorrow’s joy is possible only if today’s makes way for it; that each wave owes the beauty of its line only to the withdrawal of the preceding one.”

 Andre Gide

Oh my. 

I think it is hardest to think about life and its cycles when you are in the midst of toughness and hard times.  It is hard to recall that day follows night; that tides go in and tides go out; that the moon waxes and wanes.  That things pass.  I have never really thought about the way in which a new wave can only happen if the former wave releases all its energy and creates space for the new one to come into being.  

What an amazing way of thinking about life; about our days; and about our hope for the future.


Darwin sunset.

4 comments:

  1. such a beautiful photo & thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a most beautiful quote and gentle reminder Mo - and a Darwin beach is always special too. Go well.

      Delete
  2. I want to write a brilliantly insightful comment in answer to this quote and your interpretation of it, but all my brain keeps giving out is "Yes! Yes! That's it exactly."

    Thank you for bringing back your Thursday Thoughts. The quotes you choose are so often exactly what was needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi J - this is a pretty special one isn't it? A gentle reminder to me to broaden my understanding and perception. Happy that Th Th keep me thinking and others too!

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.