Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Celebrating Books

I am taking part in the Maleny Celebration of Booksagain this year - a weekend where we celebrate all things bookish - books, writers, readers, ideas, films based on books and links between books and blogs and more.

I will actually be away for the weekend giving a paper at the Association of BookCrafts New Zealand's Inside Outside Conference and therefore not being all that active, but I will still take part by having some book-y artwork on display at the Library for  a few weeks.

I have spent a bit of time playing with words on old book pages...







The lettering looks bookish and gives a nod to Gutenberg and the first printed books.

As a group of smallish pieces I hope they make folk go up to them and have a read...and give the feeling that we celebrate books for all sorts of reasons!

9 comments:

  1. Such a simple but effective idea. I like the texture where you've kept the stiching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Jac - that little bit of roughness and texture tells the story of the stitching...

      Delete
  2. These pieces would definitely beckon me to have a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the written word and printed letters...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna - they are treasures to hold onto aren't they?

      Delete
  4. Hi F - I love the simplicity and connections of these pages - such a link to the creation of the press etc. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so chuffed when you said you thought about Gutenberg when you saw them - how cool! Just want I wanted to hear!

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.