Sunday, November 18, 2012

Dreamboats for COMA

Once more our intrepid and fearless leader Ken has organised a show for COMA artists - this time at the TreeFrog Gallery. The show runs from 22 November to 03 December.

Our life has been one big rush in the past few weeks and I am only just managing to keep up with my work commitments, my community and volunteering commitments and hosting Muna. I have had not much time to do any new art for the show and I was worried if I rushed something it just wouldn't be good enough.

Ken has kindly allowed us to enter works - old or new - so long as they haven't been shown in a COMA exhibition previously.

I thought this grouping of my Dreamboats looked like a substantial piece, and as the gallery is filled wth timber I hope they will look at home.








Depending on how things go, I might send along a couple of other wall pieces - warm, rusty ones...

12 comments:

  1. I don't think you need to worry Fiona. Those dreamboats are beautifully crafted and are bound to sail off into new homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley - you are so kind. I hope they find happy homes as well.

      Delete
  2. Your dreamboats are delightful. I hope someone gives them all a nice home to sail to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J - wouldn't that be just lovely?!? I am quite fond of their whimsical nature.

      Delete
  3. Fiona- I am ever amazed by your talents! These dream boats are just wonder-full! --Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks julie - words or text or books or paper will nearly always appear somehow in my work. These are whimsical pieces I really like in their grouping, whispering to us to shine and believe...

      Delete
  4. Thanks Ronnie - so glad you like. They are quiet companions in the studio, encouraging me to shine, create and dream. I hope they find a home where they can do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dreamboats is just the right name for them, they may be boats full of dreams or sailing toward a dream a simply a dream of boats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ersi - it is like setting your dreams off on a boat and wishing them well...

      Delete
  6. the dream boats are really wonderful!
    and cannot wait to see what rusty things might come from you for the show -

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks MJ I like these whimsical pieces and their quiet reminders...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.