Tuesday, July 31, 2012

To celebrate a leaf

I love those moments in your day when you are wandering along and something catches your eye - and then you fall for it totally. It could be a shadow, it could be light, it could be a mushroom or a grate, or it could be a weathered leaf.

I came cross this leaf a few months ago and brought it inside and photographed it - just because of its fragile beauty.

I have often seen those bleached and munched leaves that they sell in packets in craft shops and thought they were not for me, but this one - one of the originals - just seemed so beautiful.

I could hardly believe that that tip shone like gold - as if I had reached out and touched it with some gold ink or paint.



  

The leaf has worn out more and is now more sad than regal - but I captured a moment of it glory for which I am thankful. 

15 comments:

  1. How beautifully fragile this looks. A detailed drawing or drypoint etching of this leaf would be stunning wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoreau said "How much beauty in decay?"
    I couldn't agree more.
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a splendid find! I'm so sorry this treasure was perishable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tis nearly 3am and I couldn't sleep ...... Have really enjoyed your leaf poetry. Gold decay. That fringe of gold is sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. F-beautiful fragile strength in that leaf - great find; and beautiful poetic observations. B

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! How smart you were to capture it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these little skeleton leaves too Fiona. I like to capture their beauty by using them as stencils for direct printing which yield beautiful and delicate results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mesmerizing! thank you for sharing the delicate beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. a most beautiful example of wabi sabi - this delicate leaf is exceptionally gorgeous and your photos are as well - wonderfully captured!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks all - you know, I love how the simplest images can generate the most response. It has been lovely to see how many folk have liked this leaf! Ronnie and Jack - yes and thank you! Lesley - it would be amazing, but I don't think I'm the girl for it! Jen - pleased to meet you - the perfect quote. Velma, Annie and Ersi - a treasure indeed. Susan - sorry you were wide awake, but glad you go to ponder. Lynda - glad you enjoyed. B - thank you! Jane - thanks, and it was a lucky moment I think. There's another thought Robyn - wow. Lyndell I agree and Anca and Stregats - I'm pleased to have shared its fragile beauty. Go well.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.