Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Back to books

 The year has gone pretty quickly and the collaborative exchange The Shape of Things that Annwyn and I set ourselves to do for the year is coming to an end.

We have decided our last books will be posted in the first week of January - after all the Christmas rush. As an aside, it took just over 6 and a half weeks for some documents to reach Scotland after my Dad posted them in Australia - we were long gone...

Nevertheless anticipating all that happens as the year rushes to its conclusion, I thought I should turn my mind to this final book.

I spent some lovely time in the studio on Saturday playing with things this way and that.  Unexpectedly, it all went rather smoothly!

Putting together the last of Annwyn's beautiful papers was quite calming.  I really enjoyed this colour way.

One of my goals with the last three books in the series has been to use things I had in the studio. To work with the shape of things I had. So I pulled apart a small blank journal I had never used and separated the pages into two books. 

Not really sure if there were enough pages to call themselves 'books', so I pulled apart another book that had had some damage to it to see if filling the book out a bit more with some more pages might work.

I think I made this book in about 2010, and it got damaged in 2011, so after 12 years of sitting around waiting to be something else its time has come! So I set to snipping, which felt a bit bad given the lovely stitching, but I shall just have to do some more sometime.

And I made it to here, not sure at all if it is headed anywhere, and still not clear at this point how I might incorporate Annwyn's papers! Which of course, is the main point of the collaboration...



At the very least, I got a nice photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.