Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Wrapt!

I am having a fabulous, tho chilly at times, time here in Rocky with the wonderful class and staff and tutors.

We have been working quietly and gently and white on white, but there is also an awful lot of colour around as well.

You know you're in Rocky... (The beef capital of Australia)



Thes prayer flags appeared overnight and I love their vibrancy and movement.



 
My class is doing amazing things, working hard and trying out so many ideas. Who knew there were so many ways to do white on white? We are testing 24 samples, but have discovered some along the way as well.

Name tags and folders for all those handouts.


Remnants from stencilling...


The ghost print from the roller after we inked up letters. Beyond belief beautiful to me!


A stack of samples is collecting on my tables - fortunately the participants' samples are better organised.

And tomorrow we stitch a book!





14 comments:

  1. i love the enthusiasm and energy in your voice! calligraphers have amazing hand outs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such fun V! And I do love a handout... smile.

      Delete
  2. I love your quiet white on white work, wish I could join the class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be such a delight Jac - the white on white was so beautiful...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Mo - I think white on white encourages that!

      Delete
  4. Yes.. That creamy white on white is sensational...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super ... in Rocky. Well done you Fi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks G - you know well the joys of teaching 5 days in residential settings. Exhausting and exhilarating!

      Delete
  6. It all looks wonderful. That ghosted offset print works for me too. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love a ghost print Lesley - just had to have a go when I saw the roller!

      Delete
  7. can't wait to see the results ! zotvanletters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annik - lots of lovely things happened.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.