Saturday, July 18, 2009

Dream...

Barry and I are preparing for our joint exhibition in November. It's interesting to work together on a theme and see how we each approach it differently. Also always fascinating to observe the very different working approaches themselves; I seem to spend more time in my head and less time in the doing in the early stages. Hopefully it will all come together. Here is the beginnings of something. I'm not yet sure where it's going or what it will become, but I have a couple of pieces like this that I plan to put together. It involves cut outs, embossing and there's no other word for it but "pricking". The shadows play beautifully and I am surprised by the difference a rich background makes - the words seem quite bold against the red. A little bit of tidying up needed here and there, but it is beginning.

1 comment:

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.