Friday, September 18, 2009

Calligraphic bits

I have been working on a couple of possibilities for a friend who wanted a small piece of calligraphy to sit on their desk and we are edging closer to finalisation. The main feature needed to be blue - the blue of our big blue sky; so blue does feature a fair bit.

I did a couple of roughs and then had a go at a couple of close to finals to see which way to go. Part of me loves that one of the close to final pieces came from nowhere - it wasn't part of my thinking as I did the roughs; it suddenly just seemed the right thing to try. I constantly smile and reflect on the meandering path of the creative process and how you start in one spot and end up somewhere completely different (or at least that is how it seems to work with me!).


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.