Sunday, March 24, 2013

Black and white bits

Since returning from work-work down south it has taken a while to play catch ups and most of my art has been bibs and bobs here and there.  All very enjoyable, just nothing major.

I was asked by a shop to do some 'nice' sales swing tags for some of Barry's work.


So I played about with a few different approaches and knowing I had to do nine or so, my decision came down to less is more!


We plan to attach them using some of this lovely strong Habu thread.


Next weekend (Easter) is the inaugural exhibition of Maleny Printmakers...so please do drop by if you get the chance.

I offered to do a visitors book so that people viewing the exhibition could leave comments and contact details, and I spent a bit of time with the lettering over the last few days.





The good news is that my extra materials arrived for my copper and I have done what I hoped to do and will be able to post on it very soon! 

12 comments:

  1. The tags and book are beautiful, Fiona. The lettering is so pleasing to the eye, as is the beautiful paper covering the book. Best wishes on the exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane - lots of messy bits in the trials, but I liked where the finals ended up.

      Delete
  2. Elegant and beautiful, Fiona, both labels and guest book. I hope the exhibition will be brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol - we have highish hopes for an enjoyable and successful exhibition too!

      Delete
  3. beautiful calligraphy & binding Fiona! do you mind sharing a bit more about that black & white Habu thread? I have been twisting some of my own from no 18 Coats Barbour linen reels but yours looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful calligraphy & visitor's book Fiona, good luck with your show!
    Where did youfind the B&W Habu thread? it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mo Crow - thanks! Sadly I have only found Habu threads in New York City...here's the link to their website - be prepared to spend a wee while there...

      http://www.habutextiles.com

      Delete
    2. thank you Fiona, gosh there's a lot of very interesting & inspiring threads there!

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful skill to have developed and to have to use...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie - I never think of myself as a real calligrapher but more a lover of lettering. Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.