Sunday, December 1, 2013

Inky things...

Sometimes I am not the best at cleaning up around me in the studio.  I get distracted, start something new or just dash off to do some other part of life.

And sometimes life offers little gifts for these moments of failing to pay attention and failing to be a tidy person.

These shots are the remnants of ink/paint left drying in plastic containers. Fortunately the brush was a rough and ready oldie and didn't suffer further damage; but I got to enjoy the remarkable transition from wet to dry; from liquid to solid and then what remained.








7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love ink, it can be such a wonderful distraction. You never end up where you thought you would... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Louise, many a wonderful walk and explore with ink!

      Delete
  2. Just shows - it doesn't pay to be too tidy. I always knew it!
    In future I will look more closely at all those dried paint pots and small untidinesses for creative possibilities ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlton...it feels like a reward for bad behaviour I must admit, and I feel a bit bad, but not tooooo bad. Laugh.

      Delete
  3. Such beauty -- so often found in unexpected places! Thanks for the visual treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Seth - so often it's in the unexpected isn't it?

      Delete
  4. So beautiful. It makes me want to pour some ink into a container and leave it just to see what happens. Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.