Sunday, November 24, 2019

Slow days

I was a little bit weary and worn this week with not a lot of energy on a couple of days, so very sensibly opted for some quiet down time.

On Friday afternoon I was good for very little else than to sit and wind thread.

Whilst in Scotland I had bought some new 'dolly pegs' to wind the threads that I was dyeing over there onto.  I had taken some of my vintage pegs with me, but clearly got so carried away that I needed more pegs!

On return I thought I really did prefer the vintage older peg look, so went hunting and found some online.  I added them to my collection here and thought one day I will transfer those threads.

A little voice in my head was going 'yeah, as if you'll ever have spare time for that!'

Hooray for not feeling great.

There was something lovely about the line of pegs on the coffee table.


Looking this way and that.


And close up and low.


Here are the Scottish threads that needed transferring - quite a few in the end. The new pegs just don't have the same feel at all.


And here they all are on their new old pegs (pile of old new pegs to the side).


Fortunately I still have a good selection of old vintage pegs to work with - so more dyeing can happen!


The flowers that are featuring are our NSW Christmas bush.  It is blooming here at the moment and is such a beautiful cut flower.  I have it in vases all over the house and on window sills and ...

As the sun sets and streams through the windows it highlights it beautifully.


A really low red glowing smoky sunset gave me this against a timber post.


And also whilst I wasn't feeling too flash, I managed to finish this colourful and happy jig saw that I had been playing with in the studio.  I found it a nice way to empty my head before I began working and then when I wasn't feeling crash hot, I could just mindlessly add pieces to it and feel as if I achieved something!


It has been put away and a new project has begun in that space so all good.

Fear not, I am bright as a button now, just had a slow and quiet few days.

7 comments:

  1. Couldn’t help thinking you could mellow the new pegs by using them to hang peace tokens on your trees or shrubs ...

    Liz A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! that red on red photo of the xmas bush is the best Magic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely stunning isn't it Mo!! Dazzling magic indeed.

      Delete
  3. I love this post + photos and so happy you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your well wishes and so glad you enjoyed the photos and the post!! It was all very calm and slow....go well.

      Delete
  4. I've been away and couldn't comment from my iphone ... and so, belatedly, I think yet again that the new pegs might weather quite nicely whilst holding pieces of peace in your trees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh, now there's a fabulous idea - thank you Liz!!! I might just have to give that a go, soon!

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.