Sunday, June 30, 2013

Open Studio distractions...

I have been busy doing lots of things getting ready for next weekend's Open Studio, but along the way one does get distracted...

I was mucking about with rust during the week and left some pieces on the outside table.  Life is full and busy and I didn't get back to them for a few days, and this is what I found...






Aren't they just the most sublime marks? "Etched" onto our plastic table, I think they are in fact a reward for bad behaviour!  I really should have cleaned up and tidied up well before I did; and yet, I feel as if this is a gift for not being very tidy!  See how easy it is for me to convince myself it's OK to be untidy at times? Laugh - but they are truly gorgeous.

13 comments:

  1. You've definitely been rewarded! These images are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels a bit that way Jane! Don't you love it when marks appear unexpectedly? Go well,

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Me too Velma - I think I might do it more often!

      Delete
  3. easy to be distracted by such delicious marks. Pity they weren't left on paper .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy to be distracted indeed Susan! Yes it would have been amazing to have them on paper, but I am still thankful they appeared on the table (which I still haven't wiped down yet).

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I agree Jo - I think serendipity is a beautiful thing!

      Delete
  5. Oh it would be sacrilege to remove these beautiful stains from your table.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.