Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thursday Thoughts...

“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, ‘I’ll try again tomorrow.’” 

Mary Anne Radmacher

Oh so true.

Courage isn't always standing up to the big guys, or defying something that really scares you - although that is definitely courage as well - it can also be this.  It can be when you feel defeated and exhausted, like you have taken one blow too many, when all you want to do is retreat and disappear and not face it again, that you turn and give it another go, another try.

It can take courage just to hold your position, to stand and say this is me, this is what I'm doing and why. It can take courage to face another day without the person you love most in the world. It can take courage to watch a person you love slowly slipping away or in great pain. It can take courage to make big life decisions for yourself and keep going even tho people you love want you to stop and change back. It can take courage to face yet another surgery or intervention just when you hoped you were turning the corner.

Courage can simply be that quiet inner voice that speaks and says "I'll try again tomorrow".

For all those who are getting bounced around and knocked down and dealt more things than one should reasonably be asked to handle... I wish you quiet, gentle courage.

©2011 Fiona Dempster - Early morning at Umbakumba lagoon

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for such an eloquent post that I'm sure speaks to so many of us. Ax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely (It seems there are quite a few of those people in my life at present)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true Fiona, courage is often greatest in the face of the seemingly small details rather than the bungee jumps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wise words, written with feeling. Thank you Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear all, thank you for your gentle words and thanks. It seems to me some times in our lives there is more of this needed, and in my life right now, I know of many brave and courageous souls who are just trying again each day. Go well, go gently...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.