Sunday, July 8, 2018

Gratitude

Its a strange old time, but in amongst all that there is to worry about and be concerned about, I find many things and many people for which, and whom, I am grateful.

This has flowed into my spare time in the studio, where I have found myself picking up pencils and pens, stamps and ink and type and scraps of paper and repeatedly making thank you cards.

Odd but true!

I made these wee ones a few weeks ago and then this week, these emerged.

Folded cards.



And notelets.




Playing around with the words, and then turning 90 degrees and printing again.  I loved the patterns that appeared - I am still not good at predicting what will happen, but get inordinate joy out of the moments when I discover what does happen!

This is what I managed to do mostly.


And then this happened somehow.


And I actively worked to see what happened if I tried this. So, a bit of  serendipity and a bit of planned play.

I love the different shapes that appear in the central negative space; as well as in the broader outline of the pieces.


And then these wee scraps were stamped as well - swing tags for gifts perhaps.



Walking out the door on Friday morning - we were welcomed by a peace weathergram caught in the decking.


By Saturday morning it was gone. A fleeting visit but very welcome.

6 comments:

  1. I do like it when letters work to make patterns as well as meaning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely way of putting it Jac - there really is something special when that happens...go well.

      Delete
  2. You make it look so simple ... but I suspect it was anything but that. The wide spacing between Thank and You was absolutely inspired, and the results speak for themselves. I can well imagine how pleased you must have been at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very well spotted Liz! That space offered a place for the fun to emerge in a way. It was an ongoing delight as I checked what happened if I did this or that. They are also nice enough to use - bonus! Go well.

      Delete
  3. love seeing the subtle variations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mo - it doesn't take much for the whole thing to look different! Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.