Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Stitches and Covers

Slowly slowly these books progress. I am grabbing moments in between times to do a little something with them.  Recently I managed to stitch the sections together; that seemed like a major achievement!




I then began pondering the covers. Despite having thought of the hard covers, I decided I'd also try some soft covers.

I thought they looked a bit dull; and wondered what I could do with them to make them a little bit more interesting.

I selected some really large wood type and thought I might be able to deboss them using the proofing press.


This type didn't work out for some reason; but I tried another one and that worked a bit better.




So - now I have to attach the covers and am still testing out a few ideas even for that part.

I think I might still have some hard covers in me, so will attempt them at some point; altho the next few weeks are not looking like they will offer much time in the studio sadly.

In between times I did manage to make a lovely frock!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I do love the "E" in the pass that didn't work out ... and your dress is simply elegant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the most beautiful,l delightful, and delectable of typefaces Liz - I adore it from A-Z!

      Delete
  2. love the debossing of ODE and the new frock is fabulous, take a photo of you wearing it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thrilled with how the debossing worked out - very me! And I will try to get the dress on soon - as Spring arrives I think it will be the perfect time. Go well!

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.