Sunday, November 7, 2021

Everything's a work in progress

 Life is full and pretty busy at the moment. We are enjoying promoting The Red Thread and having visitors and folk through.  I have a commission to complete by Wednesday and we have our Studio Sale in two weeks time which means lots of making and re-stocking must be done  In between times a shop owner friend has been away and I have been backfilling for a couple of rather full and busy days.

So nothing is complete, and everything is a work in progress...

The first batch of red threads arrived. The trick was that in the end, the small spools at the bottom were actually the same 'catalogue' colour as two the large spools despite coming from different companies and having different names, meaning I didn't have the requisite six different colours for each piece.  


So the hunt was back on. I  called the guys they said yep, but we are away and can't post until Monday. Not going to work. Hunted down some new folk; they said yep we can have some to you by Friday. Tick. They arrived, but boy howdy the online samples looked different!


I think I can scrounge enough from the collection now to make the six figures, six times, in differing combinations.

Working on the dining table means I can stop and start at the oddest of hours, which is kind of how things are rolling at the moment.


Storing things on the kitchen bench is also the go. A quick snap has caught some Christmas bush flower, the tape measure, a yearly planner, a recipe  and the ubiquitous masks well. Life!


Part of some work involves angel's wings...testing out options.


And in the studio I have printed heaps of cards that have been neglected (another way to say that would be that they have been popular!).

Now they have dried its time illustrate them and inventory them. These are the beginnings of "Outstanding!!!". One bird in the line gets coloured in...


Hand drawn and coloured bunting for the babies. I think I have a wedding one, a birthday one, and a grief one to go.


And then glimmers of the garden  - also a work in progress as the magnolias bud, burst and change shape alongside weathering weather grams and peace doves.


And as Barry was preparing dinner last night the backyard just looked lovely in the fading light.



2 comments:

  1. goodness ... this is enough to make me feel the need to take a nap ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took one today Liz! There is a lot on, but also a lot of joy so that is good. Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.