Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Notions of home...

I have oftentimes mentioned I am investigating in my head, and in my heart, and through my hands, what the feeling of home is about; how is it possible to feel home in different places?

I wonder what was it about? this endeavour to find our Scottish cottage?

I have written some more words...





Just north of desire 
And to the east of questioning, 

At the intersection of delight and doubt, 
The contours of persistence beckon. 


From the terrain of good fortune 
And beyond the point of hesitancy, 

As the coordinates of practicality call, 
Way markers steer towards audacity. 


A nudge south of absurdity 
And a fraction to the west of daring, 

Lay lines of logic, 
Meet the highwater mark of happiness. 


The topography of the heart is reached. 
Alongside the quiet knowing, 
That softly says, 
This too is home, 
We have landed where we ought to be. 


After Maya Stein





Like much of my poetic prose, this is what I have to say - for now. It may change again.

I have chosen to work with the final stanza, but it is not yet finding its own home in an elegant way, but  - like the poem suggests - delight, doubt and persistence are often the way I find my way through. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.