Thursday, June 16, 2022

Thursday Thoughts...

"I paint flowers so they will not die". 

Frida Kahlo

I think I love the simplicity and honesty of these words. With so little, she tells a complex story around the creative drive, the role of art as a memory keeper, the importance of capturing fleeting moments and sharing them.

I love flowers, but I don't paint; yet these words make me think about so many creative experiences where you want to keep something alive - a moment in time; a feeling, the sense of beauty and wonder; the need for protest, the child-like wonder, the awe and wonder of time spent in nature....

Sometimes art and creativity capture things for posterity - as part of the social, cultural and environmental record - so we know what we have lost; or what we still have to fight for. 

Frida says it all so well, and so simply.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.