Sunday, April 28, 2024

Re-stocking and a commission

After a successful opening weekend, where my pebble jewellery was well-received, I was able to spend some time making and re-stocking through the week.

I had also received a commission for some extra large earrings (more the size of the largest pendant I had made) and I was also able to get to work on that and deliver them to the happy new owner.

These ones had three pebble forms and were approximately 5.5cm long and I have to say they look great on!


So I went into a bit of a fully focussed session of making - preparing lots and lots of pebble forms, not knowing exactly what they might become; but knowing if I had options to choose from I would be able to make some nice pieces.

i love this contrast.


A wee stash before soldering and rolling.


Playing with combinations and possibilities after soldering, rollin and a bit of hammering.


The full stash at the end of the session; ready to head home and put them together and polish them.


Ta Da! The central part of this pendant has two smaller pebbles soldered together...I was chuffed to have done that successfully. And somebody else loved it as well - it was sold this morning.


And a few more sets of earrings.





And this pair also involves two forms soldered together, so less movement than in the others, but some interesting spaces between.

I am happy to have been able to re-stock and offer people more choices. I will get back to my other makign soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.