In the last little while, the winter blooms have blossomed a bit and I am making haste to gather some into the house.
I always feel happiest when here are fresh flowers inside with me. I always used to think that if I won the lottery, my big indulgence would be to have fresh flowers delivered every week.
I still try to have fresh flowers every week, despite no lottery wins.
Dad brought me along a stem of his orchids and suggested I could cut it down to make several vases. I love the angular nature of them here on the kitchen bench.
Our irises are just beginning to show their shy faces and I managed to gather a couple for inside
We helped a friend with some gardening and she gave me a couple of her early freesias - the scent! And so I collected a few of our remaining snow drops and some violets and made a posy.
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
This was a lovely read, the flowers and doodle, beautiful and simple delights but the ending is what will sit with me today... life is good and such a nice thought to carry.
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed the flowers and the doopdle emerging. I oftentimes find myself saying Life is good, as I walk in the sunshine, as I get up from my studio desk, as I sit with a cup of coffee texting with friends... so many moments to appreciate and enjoy.
DeleteFresh flowers always lift my spirits. Your blooms are so delicate and elegant. And the doodle is delightful.
ReplyDeleteAs they do mine too Stephanie! Somehow they just make me smile...enjoy!
Delete