Once more I find my self tinkering - tentative steps this way; tiny tasks that way.
It's OK, our life here is different and busy in many ways so I try to be kind to myself when I feel like I am not making enough time for making.
Tinkering-wise I have re-worked a pendant for a friend. She had lost one of the original pebbles, so I set about creating a renewed pendant.
I sent her a couple of options and we both landed on this one that has four pebbles. As I worked with the three options, they felt incomplete. Her little family is four people and I liked to think the pendant could reflect that. We both separately felt that the larger pebble reflected her, surrounding them with her infinite love. Perfect.
I tinkered with buying some silk threads and some small books of writing. Both parcels arrived today. I unwrapped the threads and thought close, but not quite what I had in mind. And then I opened the books. And thought - I couldn't have done this if I tried...
And each day, whatever the weather, we walk and the light catches me every time the sun pops out. Sometimes it is brief, fleeting. Sometimes it hangs around all day, but most days are grey with a flash of sunshine scattered here and there.
Here are some of our moments..
Flowers in Inverness.











No comments:
Post a Comment
I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.