Margaret Atwood
I loved this so much when I read it! Writing a book sounds like climbing a mountain when you put it like that, and I am grateful that so many folk have attempted to summit.
As I read through the quote I imagine she has made the process more succinct than it really is, however the four pithy stages are enough for me to realise how ambitious and optimistic it really is.
I like the idea that the folk who provide me so much enjoyment, are optimists. They aren't all negative nellies or pessimists; they have to have some sense of optimism within them to even embark on the project of writing a book.
I had never stopped to think of this way of characterising writers. So often we think of them as anguished or tortured as they struggle to get the perfect sentence; to write so many words; to edit them down. It all seems such a difficult process whenever I think of it, and yet here is one of the best writers around re-shaping the process in my mind. I love it.
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.