Tuesday, June 16, 2009

And so it begins...

Welcome to my blog - a place where as a self confessed cartaphile (my made up word for paper-lover), bibliophile and graphyophile (my made up word for lover of writing) I hope to share my love of paper, books and writing; and some happenings in the studio.

I am currently part of a group exhibition in Brisbane called "Water from the Moon". It's a collaboration between five Maleny artists and reflects their responses to the beautiful Lake Baroon. Wendy was the inspirer and made the paintings; Ken was the organiser who also made ceramics; Noela made her 'wabi-sabi' jewellery; and I worked with Robyn, a local poet, to put her beautiful poetry into artists' books. The works can all be viewed at Ken's gallery Maleny Artworks.

On the weekend I ran a demonstration/workshop at the Brisbane Square Library on making handmade and artists' books. We were lucky enough to be in the 'suspended' pod in the Library, and here are a few photos of the workshop.



The exhibition closes on 29 June 2009.

1 comment:

  1. and so I begin, ten years later, to read and learn, to wander and wonder ...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.