Thursday, September 20, 2018

Thursday Thoughts...

“L’art fait ressortir les grandes lignes de la nature” (art brings out the great lines of nature). 

Antoine Bourdelle


I am so often in awe of folk who can do a quick sketch. Who with the minimum of line can convey so much.  And I am often intrigued by how a person can create such a sense of the whole; that they somehow know how to put down the lines that give the best sense of the thing.

I would love to be able to express the essence of a thing in a few lines.

It seems to me that good art truly does this - that it can see the most beautiful lines in nature and then magnify them or bring them into focus for our viewing and understanding.


Talk about the great lines of nature... Grantville 2018

2 comments:

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.