Tuesday, February 19, 2019

More small steps

Onwards and upwards is my motto de jour as we power through so many things - art and landscape and life and work.

So the thing was, it was hot. I wanted to leave the  drawbridge door at the studio open. But here was a breeze. And the door would blow shut. Cue memory of Barry cleaning up his garage workshop area and suggest sign I might need to find a home fo sth beautiful typewrite we had bought but couldn't get to work.

Originally I planned to pop it out in the garden somewhere, but then I thought - perfect!

Over to the studio shed it trundled and out on the drawbridge it headed and ta-da! I have the perfect door stop.




 Yay, just yay so much!

And then I had mentioned I needed to test if you could overlock-paper.  Happy to report that yes oh yes you can.

Ideas for wee concertina books for an exhibition are emerging...

I gathered some cards I had printed a while back - I do so love choosing delight in my life - and tested them.

I think we are headed somewhere.

It will be somewhere short and  sweet, but a bit of fun!




And last but not least, its back to the garden.  Barry and I have been doing a huge amount of landscaping this summer.  We have lived on the block for 12 years and in the house for 11, but are just now ready to revitalise the yard and create more and more beauty.  Every morning we are up early and out working; and most evenings as well.  One of the sweet things we did on Saturday was to tumble these blocks down the rocks that run alongside our driveway.




You have no idea how much they make me smile as we walk or drive on by.

Barry has documented a fair bit of the hard yards over on his blog, so if you are interested in the garden feel free to pop on over. Lots of landscaping posts!

6 comments:

  1. love the tumbling cubes and your overlocked book works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cubes just make me smile Mo - and the overlocked books were a fun discovery!

      Delete
  2. There couldn't be a more perfect doorstop for a printing studio than a typewriter. And I'm intrigued by the overlocked concertina book form ... did you score the cards at all?

    Last is best, though ... I was wondering what happened to the cubes and love how they ended up canted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed the perfect time and place for that door stop to arrive Liz - things come together at the right time I think. I didn't score the cards; just bent them back on the strong line of overlocker stitching; and yes the cubes! We have many more to play with and most certainly will!

      Delete
  3. They make you smile because they do! I mean, I smiled, too, even before I read your words!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.