Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Display at Maleny Library

Barry and I were recently invited to mount a display in the foyer cabinets at Maleny Library.

We both really love our local Library so were more than happy to share a few pieces that show some of our work.

Barry's display is stunning (see here) and mine pulled together a few pieces from a few years ago, with some lovely props.

I mean who doesn't love nests and feathers?


The cabinets - lighting is hard!


The  shelves.







The display brings together work from my Under Construction series of prints, collage, calligraphy and stitching in both wall works and artists' books.

And some nests from our garden.







I say about the work:

Under Construction celebrates the lives of tiny birds as they build their homes each Spring. Nests are such intricate weavings, created to protect and nurture. Gathering materials, stitching and weaving them together, birds create comfort and safety for their families. These works honour the small birds and their great skills.

The work is on show from 1 February to 28 February 2019.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Mo - I sometimes find that the small displays offer a really good chance for tiny treasures to shine. Bringing together a few nests and feathers as well as the art somehow makes for a more intimate experience...go well.

      Delete
  2. Your whole display is lovely, but I am particularly touched by the skritchy sepia prints and blind embossed running stitches in your folded book. Something in me reaches out when I see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dana - I always love when something touches someone, somehow...it is a lovely small gathering of things. And the stitching is actual stitching - holes pierced in the paper then lovingly sewn; altho I really like your idea of attempting a blind emboss of running stitches!!! Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.