Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Moving along slowly


Quiet days, slow days, lots of sitting days.  I am interested in observing how I go doing less; moving less and simply being.  Interesting times.

And every now and again you take photograph that just makes you smile - and for some reason I really love this wee one.


So I have been putting together and stitching twelve small books in preparation for the exhibition Compassion: Artists Books to beheld in Nambour in July.

So many lovely images of process; you almost get a feel for how much I like these wee ones.  They may be small, but their message is powerful (to be shared later).


What is it with string???



And then hand stitched to hold them together.



I had fun lining them up


The lines and the circles and the string.



And just in case you are local and didn't get to the Library to see our display - it has been extended until the end of March which is very gratifying!

8 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. And yes the string!
    I love the photo that follows the string The rust and the blue-grey. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy- the colours really are beautiful together aren't they? And sighing for string from over here too! Go well.

      Delete
  2. (((Fiona))) love seeing the work in progress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are just so many steps and decisions aren't there Mo? It never ceases to amaze how many bits go into a finished piece - and along the way each one matters and needs to be just so...I am fortunate with these that they are also all so lovely!

      Delete
  3. What a festival of string and paper! Your photos are artful pictures of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the notion of a festival of string and paper Dana - cheered me up no end to think about it like that! I sometimes get somewhat distracted by the loveliness of the thing in the making and forget what the thing shall become. These are lovely but the messages are tough, so it has been nice to share their beauty before I share their message...go well

      Delete
  4. the colours really work well together, these little 'bags' look very cute with the strings !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colours Annick - so warm together. Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.