Thursday, June 27, 2019

Thursday Thoughts...

Some people say home is where you come from. But I think it’s a place you need to find, like it’s scattered and you pick pieces of it up along the way. 

Katie Kacvinsky

This quote interested me because I haven't often stopped to reflect on where home is.  I guess at the most basic of levels it is where our house is - it is within the building that we have filled with our hearts and our time and our memories.

So it might be a place.

But people often suggest it is where the heart is also - which to me means where the people you love are. So in different ways, that moves about and is not so much a place but a person or people - wherever they are and if you are with them, then that is home.

But this quote feels like home is the result of action.  That it isn't stationary or found to be within a person or a place; but rather that it is a putting together of many things to create a 'place' called home; that home is the result of gathering and collecting and building a kind of mosaic that takes all sorts of bits and pieces - perhaps of places, people and things that make you feel like home and then that is that.

The more I think about it, the more I like it!


A home for somebody, once.

2 comments:

  1. love how your photograph of the nest as home is a fragile space that needs to be nurtured

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mo...fragility and nurturing...special and needed.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.