Sunday, October 27, 2019

Books about to fly

I have been involved in a wee book exchange this year - working with the poet John Bennett's words as part of bookartobject 5.

The works will go on show at Coffs Harbour in New South Wales in early December, so I am about to send mine out to the other participants as well as to the Gallery and the poet himself.

Once they start moving around the word and arriving I will post more about mine; but until then I did spend some lovely time preparing and packing them on Friday.

here they are - all of them wrapped and packed and sitting on the type case that houses the type I used for the text (Granby Light 8pt - that is, very tiny!!!)


The coloured thread links to the words about the birds inside; and I embossed my mark on a wee card of introduction which is tucked inside the parcel.



I do love the way the random threads line up.



I managed to find a reasonable colour-matched pen for writing my note.



I addressed them with just a touch of calligraphy.


And tomorrow I shall post them!

4 comments:

  1. The packages are beautiful I'm looking forward to seeing the book inside

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the wee book lives up to its packaging, laugh!

      Delete
  2. that wonderful madder-y, early morning sky color holds such promise ... can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very happy to look around the studio and find both the thread and the pen colour Liz!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.