Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Circles of Concern - gold!

So I am continuing along slowly with these cards - everything I do is by hand and is slow, but there you go.

I thought to myself would I hand colour the circle of control and if so how and with what?  In the end I played around with gold markers...which just looked pretty flat and less than attractive.

So I went and tested a bunch of different transfer materials to lay down some cheap and cheerful gold leaf someone had given me.



I worked out which transfer system would work and got down to getting the gold leaf ready. 


Ahh my very messy work space...



Each square is drawn by hand, then I use a wee rulery thing with different sized circles to draw random circles across the square.

After I have done that, then another circles gets drawn and centred and filled with gold.





I got quite fascinated with the gentleness of the process of putting down this gold leaf and took a wee video to show how little effort there is brushing off what looks like a bit of a mess, before it becomes an elegant and smooth circle...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.